Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Fireplace question/smoke smell in basement

wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:

I would suggest a damper for the gas fireplace. It should have
one.

I would also suggest that a good chimney sweep take a look at the
situation. This could be a safety issue. There are many possible
problems and only an on site inspection by an experienced
professional can really tell what is going on.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

I guess my gas fp is odd because it doesn't have a flue I can shut
off. I just may put a bag over the exhaust stack on the roof.

JaKe

I would want one. With out one, it is like leaving one of your windows
partly open all the time. If you live where I do, that is not a good idea.
Hot in the summer and cold in the winter. If you live in Centralia WA, no
big deal.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit