Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing slate floor tiles

HLAH wrote:
"Tournifreak" wrote in message
ups.com...
wrote:
I've been asked to remove some slate floor tiles in a massive kitchen.

Why on earth would they want them removed???

I know that it's incredibly unlikely, but maybe they just don't like slate?

A badly laid cheap slate floor is awful.. I have good fairly flat slate
kitchen and it cleans up pretty well..we have dogs and cats and it needs it.

In laws have even more animals, and kids, and don't clean it properly,
and have a HEAVILY riven surface, and frankly, they might as well cover
it in sawdust its so disgusting. It needs a good hands a knees
scrub..which mine gets every six months. They don't do hands and knees
and they Czech girl doesn't either. *******.

There are people who aspire to slate, and natural wood, and all the
magazine stuff, but whose sanitary habits are better suited to a sheet
of cheap vinyl that gets relaid every year.