Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Loud whistling sound from plumbing system

On 2 Jan 2007 22:58:48 -0800, wrote:

Hi all,

When we turn on the water anywhere in the house, there is a loud
whistling sound which sometimes is ear piercing. While the water is
running in one area and another faucet (or shower) is turned on, the
sound disappears. The house has two stories, built in early 1970s,
and has copper plumbing. Until now, we've never had any plumbing
problems. I assume this a water pressure problem. Would really
appreciate any suggestions on how fix it.

Thanks

Your disk might be vibrating, as if it's loose. Have your plumber
look at it.

tom @
www.MeetANewFriend.com