Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dipumisc@hotmail.com is offline

Default How to disconnect gas range from gas supply

Thanks to all the responders. I was able to fix the oven over the
christmas weekend. When I removed the bottom drawer, I was able to get
to the shutoff valve. Removing the flex pipe from the shutoff valve
took some effort. But after that, replacing the burnt-out igniter was
quite simple. I used pipe-dope and gas rated pipe tape before screwing
the flex pipe back into the shutoff valve. The OSH guy suggested that I
put the tape first and then put the dope over it. I checked with soap
water. No bubbles. Hopefully it will stay that way :-)

Thanks again for all your suggestions.

-Dipu