Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Digital Heat Thermostat: If Batteries Run-Down, What happens ?

"Ken" wrote in message
Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Snip

As Edwin stated, if you replace the batteries occasionally you will never
have a problem. But I believe the settings (day, time, and temp) are lost
if the battery gets too low. There is however a default setting I believe
the thermostat will revert to, and that is somewhere around 70 degrees.
So even if you lost your settings, it would not heat or cool the home
excessively. Again, I believe that is what most would do and that is what
mine do.

That is what my Honeywell did, too,

aem sends...