Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default masonry courtyard wall - how to build a 45 degree corner

There are block companies that make 45* corners. The more usual
method would be to miter the corners with a saw. You will need
1/2 blocks to make running bond and/or custom cut blocks to
complete the work anyway. It would be an unusual circumstance to
have everything come out in full block units.

I would slush and rebar the corners and 4' o.c. with the
quickwall. How tall are you planning to go?

You might be able to take the necessary blocks to a working job
site where they are laying block. A six pack or case and a $20
bill can accomplish wonders, especially when you can ask to have
them done over the next day or two.
___________________________
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I plan on building a 3 or 4 ft courtyard wall. I would like to
use
lightweight concrete block, dry stacked, and covered in a
fiberglass
reinforced stucco (e.g. QuickWall). The wall is not load
bearing. My
designed calls for some 45 degree corners. Is there a standard
method
to get the 45 degree corner with standard 8 x 8 x 16 cement
blocks
(CMUs)? The QuickWall manufacturer recommends a tight running
bond
pattern for the dry stacked block. Thx.