Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] andrewkirkham@msn.com is offline

Default Super Glue - Removal!

Robbo wrote:
"Thomarse" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello!

My wonderful fiancee in her infinate wisdom decided to fix a decorative
wall sign of my sons for his bedroom wall - with superglue. It worked
great!... however she left it on our kitchen worktop to dry, and you
guessed it, the superglue dripped and went on the surface!

I have have a long ridge of superglue along the worksurface which is
one of those face marble effect ones. I'd like to know if superglue
really is super or whether there is a way to dissolve/remove it once it
has set? We are replacing the worktops in the future, but not for quite
a while and it is rather unsightly!

I'm guessing that there must be some substance that reacts with
superglue and dissolves it, as other people must of have worse
superglue horror stories where body parts become attached etc!

Anyway, any advice would be greatfully recieved!

Merry xmas

Can of Spray Pipe Freezer.
Spray onto Superglue
Wait for around 10 secs and chip it off carefully