Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling Ian Stirling is offline

Default Post-it note type glue?

Derek Geldard wrote:
On 19 Dec 2006 13:45:10 -0800, "ironer" wrote:

I'm probably asking for the impossible, but uk.d-i-y is the place to
come for that. Does anyone know of a glue with similar properties to
the one used to make Post-it notes?

That is, a glue which, spread on a surface, will form a permanent bond
to the substrate, but the exposed face remains semi-tacky - just like a
Post-it note. I'm seeking a glue which makes a light releasable 'grab'
bond with anything it comes into contact with. A glue which allowed a
multiple no of repeat grabs would be ideal.

It's a special glue, applied to the paper in microspheres. Only those
that touch are used up. the rest are good for the next usage.

I think you need to speak to Scotch Tape, who IIAC have the patent.

Wikipedia says no.
Patent ran out in 2001.