Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Junked car left on my property by former tenants

wrote in message
This is possibly a litttle off topic.

I have a rental property. The tenants I had skipped out on their
lease, and left the house filthy and did not provide heat which caused
some plumbing damage. I already intend to take them to small claims
court for the damages, cleaning, and unpaid rent according to the
lease.

My question is this: I will have new tenants moving into the
property, and these old tenants left a junked car in the driveway. I
told them in writing that it must be removed, while they were still
living there. They moved about a month ago, and this junker is still
on my property. Can I legally have a wrecker remove it? What is the
proper and legal method to get rid of this piece of junk?

Thanks

Two correct answers already.One additional proper and legal is:

Call your local code enforcement office and have them site you for the
vehicle. Then following their demands you haul it away.

OR

In this case you can most likely get away with towing the junk away. The
cock roaches aren't going to come out of hiding so you can sue them. BTDT
(been there done that)

Colbyt