Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] build_products@hotmail.com is offline

Default Average cost of new roof for 2000 sq ft house? (composite)

Tim Kirby wrote:
"Martik" wrote
You'll need about 25 squares, at $50/sq for 30 year shingles that's $1250
plus $200 or so for other materials, the rest is labour. I've seen rates
of over $300/sq

You're the first one I've seen, which has been able to quote prices over
the internet.

I got out of the construction business 4 years ago. I was in roofing for
26+ years. I must say, you're a bit low for quoting "other materials", then
again, it shows how many corners can be cut.

A sq. ft. structure means absolutely.....zip. You estimate materials by
covered area (decking), this varies widely and is dependent on
pitch/style/dormers/valleys, just for starters.

For instance, you can have a 2000 sq ft colonial with 4/12 pitch, plus an
attached 2 car garage. I've done these with approx. 18 square. This is
normal gable style.

Or, you can have a ranch style 2000 sq.ft., 7/12 pitch, hip roof, have a
couple dormers (yes dormers on a ranch). And, run around 32 squares.

Tim,

I need to understand the roofing industry for a project that I am
doing. If you can correspond with me thru e-mail. I will appreciate it.
Please let me know if you are ok with that. My e-mail address is: