Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default Spa wiring / hookup question for older Grandee

OK, how old is older? the owners manuals are available here.
http://www.hotspring.com/Hot_Tub_Cus...er_manual.html

Also, the actual placement of the wires is obviously more important than the
colors. The original installer could have used any color of wire. Here's a
link to my 3 year old diagram, if the terminal strip on your pack looks like
this, you could possibly trace carefully each terminal and see where it goes
in the disconnect box. Mine only uses a total of 6 wires (4 hots, a ground
and a neutral) and there is no black mentioned.

www.barkerranch.net/images/spawiring.jpg I left the scan rather large, so
you can zoom in to the detail.

hope this helps, and if you have any doubts, get your electrician or hot
springs installer out there.

--
Steve Barker

"Bill" wrote in message
oups.com...
My Hot Spring Grandee (old, but new to me) has a junction box adjacent
to the main black control box. I'm hooking it up for the first time,
and have a "spare" black wire on the spa. I'm not sure what to hook it
up to. It's caped off now, and nothing is powering up-no jets, no
light, no heater.

The spa uses both 230 and 110. The light is on 110.

The way it is wired now is:

Sub panel wires -- Spa side wires are...
Red wire from subpanel to -- Red spa wire
Red wire from subpanel to -- Red spa wire
Blk wire from subpanel to -- Blue spa wire
Blk wire from subpanel to -- Blue spa wire
White wire from subpanel to-- White spa wire
Ground wire from subpanel to -- grounded to the spa junction box.

THE PROBLEM: --There is one black wire remaining on the spa, and
I do not know what it should connect to.

Anyone know where the black wire on the spa should be connected?