Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoSpam NoSpam is offline

Default tile cutting: large circles

wrote:
I'm tiling the toilet floor, only there's a soil pipe in the way! I
saw these circular cutters that look like something from a gerbil's
cage but they only go up to about 90mm and of course soil pipes are
that little bit bigger. I thought cutting a hole and plonking it over
the top would be prettier than cutting a chunk out of a tile, albeit
that it will be hidden behind the toilet. Just wondered if anyone had
seen a larger (say to 6 inch diameter) tile cutter?

Thanks,
Stephen.

What about a tile-cutting blade in a jig saw? Or a tile "blade" in a
dremel-type tool. Or even lowering the tile carefully over a
plasplugs-type tile cutter with the guard removed?

Dave