Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] manatbandq@hotmail.com is offline

Default Pilot light gas usage

On Dec 7, 10:22 am, "John Laird" wrote:
[Slight topic shift - has anyone bought one of those power usage
devices and found it useful? I'm thinking of checking out what power
my various toys on standby use. For example, my laptop charger seems
to cool right off when off-charge (although I tend to disconnect it

Almost certainly an efficient switch mode supply.

anyway) whereas the brick for my DAB radio is always warm.]

Probably a cheap inneficient transformer and linear regulator.

Anytime the heating is on, the heat from your wall warts isn't wasted.