Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Pilot light gas usage

On 2006-12-06 21:55:43 +0000, Ed Sirett said:

I don't agree (I wouldn't would I?) with those who _automatically_ state
that a modern boiler is less reliable than a traditional type.

Well.... no....

You could be doing the sharp intake of breath routine and saying something like

"Mrs Jones....... it's yer pump"

whereupon Mrs. Jones mouths in a hushed voice...

"Will it be all right?"

and you give a wry smile and nod, resulting in a very relieved looking
Mrs Jones (who
would be willing to pay anything to know this) and an apprentice who
looks on in total wonderment
at how BG can possibly get away with charging £150 per annum for this.

A _quality_ modern boiler might also have a long life. Electronics are not
unreliable per se. The materials used are potentially better than those
used traditionally.