Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M. Procida D.M. Procida is offline

Default Moisture absorbing calcium chloride crystals

Julian wrote:

Not really - far too complicated! The crystals absorb moisture until they
start to dissolve, the liquid thus produced is also hydroscopic and
continues to absorb water until the crystals have all dissolved. After that
the liquid still absorbs further moisture, but with reducing affectivity as
the concentration of calcium chloride reduces.

So I could leave it longer to absorb moisture, until all the solid has
disappeared? Would I be better off pouring the liquid or not?

Daniele