Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Interior house doors drift shut

RicodJour wrote:
snipped

So instead of a virtually unnoticeable amount of drag spread out over
the entire swing of the door, you prefer all the drag to be at the
start of the swing? Your way also limits you to two positions, fully
opened or fully closed, and I find that life rarely works out to be
binary/digital. Particularly if you're married or have children. And
you have to buy and install additional hardware - possiblly in a
location that isn't convenient (door has a cabinet behind it and can
only open 90 degrees instead of folding all the way back against the
wall, etc.).

In those situations your points are entirely valid. I'm guilty of
thinking mainly about doors which open 90 degrees and when open rest
"against" a wall, where a door stop can also be handy to keep the
doorknob from marring the wall.

Peace,

Jeff

--