Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander Jim Alexander is offline

Default conservatory leak - what does this look like?

"keith" wrote in message
Please can someone help me with a suggestion on what to do about below?
(photos at )

We moved into a 10yr old house in Devon 3 years ago. When we've had both
strong rain AND strong wind we get leaks from the conservatory, seems to
be out of the brickwork over the house doors.
Strong rain alone is fine.
We've had the lead flashing where the house joins the conservatory roof
replaced, and it won't leak no matter how much I play a hose on it.

There has been a couple of comments about the flashing and they might be on
to something. Just checked my own conservatory which is similar except less
of a vertical surface above. Was surprised to note that my flashing was
behind the roof frame not over it, but then I remembered that it is dessed
into a hidden drainage channel which runs into the gutter. That way there
is no hidden seal to fail which might be your problem. I have not had any
leaks so far.

Regarding the vertical cuts, again can't tell from the photo but you could
always grout the vertical cuts with lead sealant and see if that helps.

Jim A