Posted to misc.consumers.house
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default how deep to bury conduit?

(KLS) wrote in
:

I'm trying to find my local/state building code requirement for
depth of placement of conduit that I'd like to run from my basement
to my detached garage, but my city's online resources aren't
telling me exact depth requirements.

Does anyone have a pointer to this New York State building code
requirement? I'd really appreciate it.

Rather than try to feel your way through the legalese of a building
code, why not simply contact your local permitting/inspection office
and ask them? It sounds like you intend to follow the code (and maybe
even get a permit), so you won't be incriminating yourself :-)

Around here anyway, it's apparently common practice for folks doing
work themselves to take their plans (or ideas) to the inspectors
before starting anything and let them take a look. I don't do
anything like this myself, but lots of the folks I work with do it
and say that the St. Paul inspectors are all quite helpful and
knowledgeable, even about things that aren't building code related.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |