Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default How to pull up and put back carpet?

"propman" wrote in message
.. .
wrote in news:1164673691.936349.163860@
45g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

I need to lift up some carpet(cheap) on one side of the room in my
condo. I am going to run speaker wire under the pad. The section is 10'
long and is up against a slider and wall with baseboard. Is most carpet
glued down or just stretched on the tack strip? Is it a matter of just
lifting it off and putting it back? Any help would be appreciated.

If it's tacked, just pull the carpet up and upon reinstallation, rent a
carpet kicker from your local tool rental, hardware or flooring store.

Or you could pull it up a little at each end and use a fishtape
to pull the wire. Unless the wire is very thin, you may see/feel
it under the carpet.

Bob