Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Why must ground & neutral be seperate in subpanel?

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:52:35 -0500, krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:42:02 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

I believe that GFIs are often recommended in cases where there
is no ground for safety. They do not need a ground AFAIN.

Bob

A GFCI does not need a ground. Then some people get the strange idea
that it PROVIDES one. It does not.

No one said GFCIs did.

I said that because people have. Just not in THIS thread, but in this
group.

BobF said they are "recommended in cases
where there is no ground". They are. What's your beef?

I was saying that only because some people think they provide ground.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy