Posted to alt.home.repair
Howard Howard is offline

Default How to pull up and put back carpet?

Generally there is a 3/8" gap below your baseboard. You may be able to
drop the speaker wire between the tack strip and the baseboard and
floor and lead it around the wall to where you want to go. No need to
lift the carpet and then try to restretch it back on the strip.

On Nov 27, 7:37 pm, propman wrote:
wrote in news:1164673691.936349.163860@
45g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

I need to lift up some carpet(cheap) on one side of the room in my
condo. I am going to run speaker wire under the pad. The section is 10'
long and is up against a slider and wall with baseboard. Is most carpet
glued down or just stretched on the tack strip? Is it a matter of just
lifting it off and putting it back? Any help would be appreciated.If it's tacked, just pull the carpet up and upon reinstallation, rent a

carpet kicker from your local tool rental, hardware or flooring store.

If it's glued......no way around it you are going to have fun (not)! :-)