Posted to alt.home.repair
dkhedmo dkhedmo is offline

Default dog tunneling under chain link fence

Any ideas to secure the bottom edges of the chain link fence? New-to-us
dog tunneled under the brand new fence and bolted. The mister thinks we
should have the fence guy come back and secure pipe at the bottom of the
fence from post to post, clipping the fence to the pipe as along the
top. I'm not convinced this will solve the tunneling problem, just slow
the progress. I'm thinking some kind of metal edging that can be sunk
12" or so below ground, with a few inches remaining above to cover any
gap between ground and fence. If we were to go with this metal edging
idea, what kind of metal, and from whom do I procure it?

Any other ideas? For the time being, dog goes on a 40' tether on one of
those screw in stakes, just to run around the $1200 "fenced in" yard. Grr...

-Karen-