Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] rstampsls@gmail.com is offline

Default Computer running slow and locking up

Hi, I am working on a friends computer and the computer is functioning
really slow. Not to mention the computer will just lock up and you
have to reboot. Now the person they had fix their computer orignally
replaced thier hard drive, put more ram in and thats about it. Well
the retard didnt put any fans in the computer so the only fans where
the one on the CPU and the one in the power supply. The computer ran
this way for about a year and started having these problems. I tryed
putting a new harddrive in the computer and tryed formatting it and it
only got so far and stopped. Ohh sorry let me back up a bit and let
you know I did try anti virus and things like that. I even tryed a new
ribbon cable between the hard drive and the mother board and that didnt
work. So Im kinda at a loss and I am wondering if any one has had this
problem or if any one has any ideas on what the fix for the problem
could be or what I should do to go about trouble shooting this one.

Thank you,
RS