Posted to alt.security.doityourself,uk.d-i-y
Chris Hodges Chris Hodges is offline

Default how to remove one-way screws?

wrote:
I bought a bungalow, with locks on most windows. I can't remove a
window to repair it, without removing the window lock first.
It has 2 one-way screws fixing it to the window frame. I can't
drill into the screws, as they are a hardened metal. I tried
gluing a screwdriver the the screwhead with epoxy resin, but that
didn't work. I could attack the lock with an angle grinder, but
I know that will make a mess, and require putting lots of protective
covering in place first.
Any other ideas?

The "standard" way IME is to dremel a slot into them - even a
pseudo-dremel or big rotary engraver is up to it (though slow) but it's
worth buying a decent cutoff wheel.

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com