Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Price of pointing brickwork

EricP wrote:
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:49:06 GMT, "Phil L"
wrote:

R D S wrote:
I got a price for pointing the rear of our 2 up 2 down terrace.
The kitchen is an extension. The gap in the brickwork is quite
narrow.

£1700, seems like a lot to me.

Rick

It's a con, I don't know anyone who charges more than £25 per m2,
your exterior brickwork can't possibly be 85m2, most mid terraced
houses are 45m2 in total, meaning about 23m2 per elevation, you can
subtract a few metres off for the extension so the total should be
about 20m2, which should come to about £500, even if he has to hire
zip up scaffold (cue the 'not allowed to' brigade) then it can only
be another hundred....don't pay more than £700

At 25 quid a meter it's an absolute bargain! It's the most mind
bending **** job you can tackle.

A few years ago I was doing it for a tenner a metre...it's not bad providing
you have a radio and a flask of tea, I can point about 15m2 in a day and I'm
not very fast, I know blokes who can do 20m2+, not bad money at all @ £25
per m2