Posted to misc.consumers.house
Chris Hill Chris Hill is offline

Default Bottled Natural gas

On 13 Nov 2006 00:41:26 -0800, "chris"
wrote:

Does anyone know if I can buy Natural gas in large bottles to run
household central heating & hob for a few months.

I need to have the mains gas supply & meter moved for building work to
be done and National Grid have given me a ridiculous 12 week lead time
(and people tell me that the chance of the work actually being done on
the specified date is remote). I must disconnect the supply now to
demolish a garage to continue the build work. So I need to run the
house on bottled natural gas for 3 months.

Can't be done. Reason that propane works is that it can be made
liquid at a reasonable pressure. I'd just use electric heaters while
the work is being done. If you need hot water you could always buy a
small electric water heater to get you by.