Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Bats in eaves

Joe Casey wrote:
I have bats living in the eaves of my home during the summer months. I
want to get rid of them, and want to know if they stay there in the winter,
or hibernate to caves. I am interested in blocking off their
enterance/exit, and I dont want to kill them. I live in a residential area
of northeast Pennsylvania, and I do not know what kind of bats they are.

Screen off or block any openings. If you have or put in lights in
attic during day they will avoid coming to roast and you can do work.
Besides droppings, rabies is endemic in bat populations and if
scratched or bitten, you will need rabies shots. Otherwise bats are
useful to control insects.
Frank