Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Stoppiing leak in plastic plumbing pipe

"Bob" wrote in message
I have a small leak at a glued connection of two pvc plumbing pipes that
are located horizontally under my kitchen sink. I would like to stop the
leak without having to take apart the pipes,etc,etc.

Any suggestions(plumbers goop,etc) on how to successfully do this would be
most appreciated.

PVC pipe is glued with a solvent that actually dissolves the surface. If
the leak is small and you can get it dry, you might try putting some primer
and glue around the joint. I haven't tried this and would probably not do
it myself (fearing that it will just make it worse), but it is worth a try
if you can't cut it out.