Posted to alt.home.repair
John JJ John JJ is offline

Default Ladder Stabilizer For Extension Ladder Question

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 08:10:25 -0500, "Robert11" wrote:

I too have a Werner ladder and never feel comfortable each time I use it. My
main worry is the ladder mover sideways, if the ground is not even and even if
the ground is even, it will move sideway if I try to out stretch on either side
of the ladder. Last year as I watched my contractor repaired the roof, gutters
and paints the exterior of the house, I am convinced so I bought a Werner's
ladder stabilizes. There are two types available, one more expensive quick
removable type and the cheaper one bolt on, which I paid about $21 at HD.

I believe the $21 was well spend and a cheap insurance against permanent
disables.

Hi,

Regarding those "Ladder Stabilizers" for extension ladders that
I've seen in the Hardware stores and also at Home Depot:

Sounds like a good idea.
Is it ?

Any caveats or gotchas when using ?

Also, is there one brand or type that is "better" than the others ?

Have a 16' Werner, and even at that relatively low height, it gets a bit
scarry and
wobbly up there.

Thanks,
Bob