Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] paul.flansburg@hotmail.com is offline

Default Kenmore dryer's drum won't rotate

You'll just have to pay attention to how the unit comes apart, but I
beleive I took the drum out. Once out, I then replaced the rollers.
Like I said, it's a simple job, but pay attention to how the unit comes
apart and put it back together the way you took it apart.

Thanks again, Paul. One little tip I need he How do I take the drum
out? The front cover of this dryer has two screws holding it at the
bottom, which I managed to remove without any problem. However, the top
part of this front cover (which seems connected to the drum) seems to
be held to the rest of the unit by some "invisible screws or clips".

Any idea?

Thanks,
Sam

On my Kenmore, after you remove the lint assembly the top swings up.
Two clips hold the back of the top on, just remove then and swing the
top out of the way. I think I removed the top completely. I then
beleive I removed the thin belt which helped to remove the drum. I
don't remember what else was holding the drum in. But once the drum
was out the rollers were right there and came out without any problem.
Sorry, it was awhile ago when I did this, but if you continue to have a
problem I'll go down and take the cover off of mine.

-paul