Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How do I know if furnace thermocouple is bad?

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:10:28 GMT, "
wrote:

Fuses rarely fail on their own, they are usually an indicator of a
problem elsewhere.

We had some warm weather over the weekend, so I turned the thermostat
off. I asked my son to turn it back on, and I noticed that the fan
switch was set to "On" instead of "Auto."

Would the blower running continuously for a day or two be reason
enough to blow the fuse?

Are we talking about a fuse in the main fuse box or somewhere else?

A fuse that is a glass cylinder 3/4" long and less than 1/4" in
diameter. Or one that screws into a socket almost as big as a
lightbulb socket?

What size failed? How many amps? What size have you been using since
you moved in. Replace the fuse with a 15 amp fuse, unless you know
for sure it was supposed to use bigger and had used bigger, and see
what happens.