Posted to alt.home.repair
mzm mzm is offline

Default Radon Mediation

Tom The Great wrote:
On 21 Oct 2006 12:06:43 -0700, "mzm" wrote:

How effective is radon mediation when the house is testing at 9.7?

imho:

Each type has its own success ratio.

I found this, http://www.epa.gov/radon/pubs/consgu...l#installtable

it says subslab suction, low range it only 50% so you can get down to
4.85, which is still over the 4 action limit. So worse case it seems
that subslab suction will have to be used in conjunction with another
technique like sealing cracks and seams.

Good luck, please keep us up todate to yoru success.

later,

Thanks for the info. I am not too confortable with these percentages.
I am waiting till tomorrow to speak with some local mitigators.

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com