Posted to alt.home.repair
mzm mzm is offline

Default Radon Mediation

Pat wrote:
mzm wrote:
How effective is radon mediation when the house is testing at 9.7?

9.7 where. If that's in the basement, you might have success. It that
on the first floor, then wow.

Age of house plays a factor, too. Newer ones are tighter.

You don't happen to have a drainage system under your slab, do you?

Do you have a basement or a crawl space or what?

The test was done in a basement, if the sellers didn't move the
canister. I am really nervous about this especially because I have a
four year old, and we are making a choice to maybe move into this
house. The house is 18 years old, and yes it does have a drainage
system under the slab.