Posted to uk.d-i-y
decoman decoman is offline

Default Reducing rain noise on Velux windows

Paul wrote:

decoman wrote:
Hi Paul

You can reduce the noise inside by fitting a blackout blind with a good
track mechanism, or, to my mind best solution buy yourself an awning
blind for it.

The awning blinds for VELUX are to my mind the best kept blind secret
in the UK, because no-one seems to use them yet they are fantastic ( I
have 3). They are designed to stop the heat before it hits the pane,
and made from a black mesh material. They are far more efficient at
stopping heat than other types of blind, and the nice little side
effect is that they absolutely diffuse the noise of the rain too. Oh
yes and they look great from the outside.

You can get the branded ones direct from VELUX at
www.veluxblindsdirect.co.uk, or some cheaper (but very good) ones from
www.itzala.net

Hope this helps

Decoman

Wow, they look great. Thanks for the tip! The Velux ones are £97 each
for my son's windows, Itzala ones are £39. I can't see a lot of
difference between them besides the 'name' and the Velux one seems to
have a cord for easy operation. Can I ask which ones you use?

Thanks again,
Paul.

Hi Paul

I got the ones from itzala.net. A bit slow on the delivery but well
worth the wait for the price difference. (saved 150 quid or so)

Actually I also should point out the blinds sit under the hood of the
Velux window so when it is not fixed it is invisible. Excellent
designers these Danes!

Rgds

Decoman