Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default Toilet rocks when you sit on it?

First, the wax ring is shot and needs to be replaced and any water
damage evaluated.

I heard a pro plumber recommend using pennies to shim toilets on uneven
tile floors (uneven tile, not uneven floor, which is a bigger problem).

-rev

wrote:
I have a toilet set on tile. When you sit on it it moves forward a tad,
when you get off it rocks back to its resting posistion. I also notice
when it sees a lot of activity, a small amount of water comes out of
the front section where the base meets the tile.I have checked the nuts
and they are tight. I assume the tile is not level and this is the
problem? Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.