Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Toilet rocks when you sit on it?

MRS. CLEAN wrote:
wrote:

I have a toilet set on tile. When you sit on it it moves forward a tad,
when you get off it rocks back to its resting posistion. I also notice
when it sees a lot of activity, a small amount of water comes out of
the front section where the base meets the tile.I have checked the nuts
and they are tight. I assume the tile is not level and this is the
problem? Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Gads!

Water comes out?

Change your bees wax ring. Those rings are supposed to last 10 years,
but I'd put it on your maintenance schedule for review every 5 years or
so.

Leakage is gross and can result in dry rot.

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)