Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Toilet rocks when you sit on it?

On 19 Oct 2006 10:02:13 -0700, wrote:

I have a toilet set on tile. When you sit on it it moves forward a tad,
when you get off it rocks back to its resting posistion. I also notice
when it sees a lot of activity, a small amount of water comes out of
the front section where the base meets the tile.I have checked the nuts
and they are tight. I assume the tile is not level and this is the
problem? Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Install a new wax ring. In one case of mine I had to double the wax
ring and add two vinyl wedges to stop the "rocking" and get a good
seal.
--
Oren