Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default Bose Wave CD\Radio no sound

"Turbo" wrote in message
ups.com...

I've had similar trouble with my Bose Wave Radio, and after completely
disassembling it and thoroughly examining the electronics, see no
obvious problems. My clock and alarm settings appear fine, but when
the alarm goes off or I try to manually turn on the radio, the display
goes dark and you can just make out the volume setting. Cranking the
volume to the max (99) and listening closely to the high range speaker,
I can hear that the tuner is working amidst the background hum. Having
had this problem, I set the clock aside for a month, and coming back to
it, found it to be working normally. Surprised, I set it back up and
it worked for more than 48 hours before falling into its old ways. Any
ideas?

I'd hook up a DMM to the power supply and try turning it on.