Andy Hall

Default Terminating SWA at insulated consumer unit

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:54:59 +0000 (UTC), "Rick Hughes"
wrote:

Andy - I did the latter fixed a small galv box alongside the CU, terminated
the SWA as normal on the galv box - and run the cores direct through the
box (with suitable grommet) into the CU.

Seemed simplest to me.

Rick

Thanks Rick.

This, or perhaps a variant with a conduit coupler or something similar
does look to be the way to go. I have the space behind the CU and
can make that panel removable for access to the terminals in order to
comply in that area.

I couldn't think of a regulatory reason why the SWA cable couldn't be
brought into the CU, the steel wires sleeved and run to the earth bus
bar. However, it seemed to be a rather shoddy way to implement.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl