Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Andrews Paul Andrews is offline

Default What is an ideal heating temp

"manxtatt2" wrote in message

Any help on this matter greatly apprecaited

We have just moved into a 3 storey house , that has gas central heating
boiler.

What is the ideal temp in 0c to operate this to heat the house.

weve been told different things by people we know , but im still
unsure.

I think that around 75 or 80c is right , yet someone else says 50c

also what would be ideal times for setting heating to ?? is is ideal
to have it on for say 2 hrs in am , and 2 hours at night , does that
use up more gas, or have it on for longer

Any advice??

As for times, set it to whatever suits your lifestyle. When it's cold we
generally have ours come on an hour or so before people get up, then it goes
off after everyone leaves. It comes back on just before the kids get home,
then off again about ten o-clock. Mostly though we don't use the timer - put
it on when it feels cold for an hour.

We had a condensing boiler fitted last year and it is a lot more responsive
than the back boiler we used to have. For showers - heat water for an hour
in the morning, then off all day. If someone wants a shower, they set the
water on for an hour and just go straight in - the water will still be hot
from the morning.

Paul

Simon

--