Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default CHISEL HOLDER - For Wood Lathe

Sat, Oct 7, 2006, 8:50am (EDT-3) (mac*davis) thusly
doeth posteh:
Joat... i built a couple of them years ago and the main problem with
them is that they get covered with shavings...
I built one that went on the top rails but it got in the way.. *g*
snip
BTW: will that hold your rasps and planes for turning big stuff? *g*

Most of the stuff in my shop is covered with a patina of sawdust
anyway, but it "is" kinda nice to be able to find the tool you want
quickly. I think something along the same lines, but on the front leg
of my lathe stand would work best. Could just spot which toolI wanted
and grab the handle and viola.

Nah. I'll just leave the rasp in it's usual place. Doesn't work
that well on the lathe any way. Ah yes, the power plane. Definitely a
precision lathe tool. Just now I'm musing on some type of "frame" to
hold it, to allow precise planing. If I were just wanting it for
carving mallets woulen't be a biggie, just make one end short, for the
handle, and the other taller, for the head of the mallets. However, I'd
prefer some type of adjustment, for planing different thicknesses, and
haven't figured out a method I'm satisfied with - yet.. Once I get it
all figured out, I'll make you gus a real good price on plans.

JOAT
It's not hard, if you get your mind right.
- Granny Weatherwax