Posted to alt.home.repair
Morvin Stayner Morvin Stayner is offline

Default Converting from electric Heat to Natural Gas heat?

"mrsgator88" wrote in
t:

As others have mentioned, unless you have ductwork in place, you may
spend more than you'll save. Perhaps spend that money on better
insulation or siding. Our house has an "odd" multi level layout, so
we're often heating several rooms just to keep one or two bedrooms
warm. Our "solution" for this winter is to turn the thermostat down
and give the kids electric blankets. We'll see how it works....

Before you tuck your kids under an electric blanket for 8 to 10 hours a
day, do a Google search for "electromagnetic field" and/or "electromagnetic
radiation."

Maybe there's nothing to it. Maybe sleeping under an electric blanket is
as safe as sleeping under a down-filled comforter. However, if there's any
chance - even one in a billion - that electromagnetic fields could harm my
kids, I wouldn't take a chance.

Instead of electric blankets, why not buy them some good artic sleeping
bags? They'll be nice and warm, your electric bill will be lower and
you'll able to sleep at night knowing they're safe.

Morvin