Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default How to clean aluminum baking pans used for roasting. Scorched food residues. Black, dark brown, light brown difficult to remove residues.

On 15 Sep 2006 00:24:43 -0700, wrote:

:Scorched food residues. Aluminum baking pans used for roasting.
:
:How do you clean an aluminum baking pan that was used for roasting?...
:there are baked on black, dark brown, light brown difficult to remove
:residues.
:
:How would that home cleaning remedies guy on public television, Graham
:Haley, clean it with some compound of various proportions of vinegar,
:baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar or other substances?...
:especially without need for any elbow grease!

I have an aluminum cookie sheet that has had black stuff baked onto it
for upwards of 30 years. I gave up trying to keep it clean. I don't
normally cook anything on it that adds to the residue, so a lot of the
black stuff has come off. It's half shiny metalic, half black residue.
Big deal.