Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Default Roy Underhill injured again.

keith_nuttle wrote:

We forget in this "safe at any cost" society what it was like to do
simple jobs 100 years ago. I believe anyone using those tools and
techniques that would also be a walking advertisement for Johnson and
Johnson. Have you ever watched a blacksmith working around a forge?

The guy is amazing. Great talent. I think a lot of his injuries occur
because he's trying to do things fast for the TV. He's also narrating
what he does, which is quite distracting.
But yes, it's reality TV at it's best.

My guess is that he has a lot fewer accidents when he's doing work at
his own pace and off camera.