Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] cornytheclown@hotmail.com is offline

Default ground rod drivers

wrote:
Need to install some ground rods, is there a hammer drill adapter tool
for this? really hate the sledge routine.

actually were removing some planters at a friends to widen his driveway
and his ground rods are in the planters.

wonder if we could drive them deeper his idea my misguided buddy
suggested we pull them out and relocate them. i seriously doubt they
can be pulled out and reinstalled.

or install new ones about a foot away in a non drive area.

When I used to do a lot of service changes I would take a garden hose
and get the water to just trickle out.... not much water but maybe an
1/8 inch stream or so....

anyhow I would drive the rod in about a foot or so by hand then pull
the rod back out and put the hose end right at the hole...replace the
rod in the hole and just pick it up a few inches and push it back
down...do this repeatedly and the you can almost put that rod all the
way in without using a hammer.... At least around here I never had much
of a problem....