Posted to alt.home.repair
.@_______.com .@_______.com is offline

Default ground rod drivers

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 23:09:30 -0500, Jim Redelfs
wrote:

In article .com,
" wrote:

Need to install some ground rods, is there a hammer drill adapter tool
for this? really hate the sledge routine.

At the phone company, we recently switched from using 4-ft galvanized ground
rods to 8-ft copper-clad rods. I have an "official" post driver that works
amazingly well, identical to the item pictured he

http://www.hooverfence.com/tools/post-driver.htm

When the rod is far enough into the ground that the driver contacts the
ground, I simply invert the driver and finish pounding the rod the rest of the
way (another foot or so?). After all the rods I've driven using a hand sledge
hammer, this tool is a godsend. Good luck!

Tha's what I always use. ITs just a standard fence post driver.