Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] gplantam@gmail.com is offline

Default Amarr vs Clopay garage door

I got a hold of Amarr and Clopay cust svc.
Clopay (Holmes/Home Depot) says their's is a nominal steel gauge rating
while Amarr (ReliaBilt/Lowe's) says theirs is a true gauge. I'm still
not sure how much difference that makes. I've searched the web a bit,
but if it were really that important I would expect there to be a lot
more info explaining it.

Art wrote:
Check your phone book to see if Wayne Dalton store is in your area. They
make superior doors. Lowes may carry them but in my experience WD will sell
it installed cheaper than Lowes. Also they have a neat opener that fits
over the door instead of needing a track across the ceiling.

wrote in message
ups.com...
How do Amarr garage doors (aka ReliaBilt, sold by Lowes) compare with
Clopay (aka Holmes, sold by Home Depot)?
Amarr's website says they have "true 24 gauge" steel, but does that
apply to their ReliaBilt brand name? Is Clopay "nominal" or true 24
gauge?