Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doki Doki is offline

Default Fixing clothes rail into sloping attic wall / ceiling

wrote in message
oups.com...
dcbwhaley wrote:

Make triangular blocks of wood and fasten to the ceiling with cavity
plugs - or, even better, find rafters to screw to. The block will
require a hole at right angles to the sloping face to take the fixing
screw. Then faten your rail brackets to the horizontal or vertical
faces of the blocks.

A filled clothes rail is very heavy, fixing to the timbers is a must,
and having found that inadequate myself I did and always would look to
include intermediate supports too, unless the rail is only 2-3 feet
long.

If you use a wood block for end fixing, I would consider either a piece
of hardwood or plenty of other support.

This sounds like it could be a royal pain in the arse. I think I might just
go for a wardrobe and cope with the reduced floor space...