Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Cost of moving drain field / septic tank?

wrote:
Hi all,

I am wondering what (approximately) is the cost of moving a septic
tank and drain field? I want to extend the back of my home, and add
a pool, and the drain field / tank is in the way.

To install a new one, you need someone to dig a hole, put in a
pre-cast septic tank, dig one or more ditches, put in the
drainpipes/gravel and cover the lot up. Around here (central
Florida), that's a half day job max for a backhoe guy. Plus the tank
which isn't all that much $$.

In your case, they'd need to remove at least the old septic tank too.
I probably wouldn't bother doing so until it actually became a problem
with future construction but it is what...15-30 minutes with a backhoe
digging/breaking and loading the rubble on a dump truck?

The easiest way to determine the cost is to call a couple of septic
contractors.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...