Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default shower pump installation - anti gravity loop

Kevin wrote:

Thanks guys for all the advise. I've just realised that in addition to
fitting the anti-graivity loop, if I want to place the pump above the
hot water cylinder then I need to use an essex flange which means
drilling a hole in the side of the cylinder. I'm not too keen on this
and thought I could just replace the existing top fitting with a Surrey
flange. I may have to look at other options first, most obvious at the
moment is to put the pump under the floorboards, but I'm a little
concerned about noise and vibration.

The exact pump location does not really change the requirements for the
tank connection. The pump instructions normally give a range of
connection options that start with a dedicated essex flange as the most
deireable, to using the existing top connection as the least. Having
saif that in the right circumstances using the existing top connection
can work fine.

--
Cheers,

John.